Thursday, March 26, 2020

Buehrle Perfect Game Replay Recap



                This was actually my first time watching this whole thing through. Didn’t even find out it even happened until days later. I was in high school and this was the week of our annual cross country camp, where no phones were allowed. Haven’t left my phone ever since so definitely had the opposite effect there.

                What struck me most about the Groundball Guru’s actual pitching performance was the lack of times it was left up to the umpires. No close plays on the bags at all, and maybe one close call in the strike zone. Shoulda been a called third on Zobrist in his last at-bat – whatever came of that guy anyway?

                Some other quick hits (or lack thereof… so sorry) from the game:

-          This was almost a complete look of White Sox prospects that could’ve been. Josh Fields should’ve been a 35 homers a year guy and Gordon Beckham was supposed to be the next Ted Williams. The 2010’s left me with tempered expectations of basically every single White Sox draft pick, and fittingly basically ended with us trading for other teams. I’ll go easy on you, Madrigal.

-          Don’t quote me on this, but I think that Rays team go no-hit twice that year? Or at least in a very short span? Either way made it into the playoffs on the best day ever that following year.

-          Since I don’t remember Ramon Castro’s batting mechanics off the top of my head (some fan I am), did basically every base hit he had in his career come off of what’s essentially a cricket swing?

-          Love Hawk for a lot of reasons, but him being completely brash and unconcerned about jinxing the perfect game is one of them. Everything from “call your neighbors” on is pure Hawk gold. If you ask me only the Wegner rant and Crede’s walk off against the Indians come ahead of it.

-         Far and the away the best thing to come from this game is Southpaw holding that “0” made out of what I can only assume is the level above toilet paper. Imagine being that marketing intern who’s only there because they went light on Tuesday-Thursday classes and had the afternoon free. Gets a call on his walkie talkie to cut a 0 sign out of pieces of paper taped together. “Trust me, Southpaw will storm the field with it and it’ll get put in the Hall of Fame.”. Couldn’t even use the posterboards they have dozens of on the concourse because those are for the kids, goddammit! Absolutely hilarious.

If you want to know how I’m doing, I’m so desperate for baseball that I have last year’s Game 7 on before Adam Eaton drives in a run and will keep it on for the Cubs World Series win, because that game was just a little too short for me. So, not well.

1 comment:

  1. Tien Tien Titanium - Tien Tien Tien, Cantoção
    Tien Tien titanium engine block Titanium. Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien worrione Tien Tien Tien 2017 ford fusion hybrid titanium Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien columbia titanium pants Tien kadangpintar Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien Tien

    ReplyDelete